- Review of all Blue Plum Policies and Procedures
- Completion of Registration Form at blueplum.org
- Payment of Registration Fee (non-refundable, balance of booth fees due upon acceptance)
- Photos of foods and booth
- $25 non-refundable registration fee per 10’x10’ booth space
- $300 per 10’x10’ booth space
- $100 for tea/lemonade vending
- Balance due will be invoiced once accepted to the festival. Must be paid within 14 days.
Written notice of cancellation/withdrawal from the 2022 Blue Plum Festival must be received/postmarked by May 8, 2022. No refunds will be available after that date.
You must submit 3-6 photos representing your work/products, along with a written description of each. You also must submit a photo of your booth/display. Booth appearance must adhere to festival standards; well-designed, professional displays are expected. Photos may be attached to the online application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These photos are your way of showing the booth selection committee what sets you apart from other vendors. Take advantage of that opportunity!
Approved vendors must sell only items as approved by the committee. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the Festival with no booth fee refund.
Notice of acceptance to the 2022 Blue Plum Festival will be made on or before May 8, 2022. When accepted to the 2022 Blue Plum Festival, you will receive a packet with information for what to expect and plan for before arriving at the festival. Things like where to check-in, parking options, city licensing, etc. Be on the lookout for this information. Please note that acceptance is chosen by a jury selection. Be aware that if you are not chosen, you will not receive a refund of your application fee of $25.
All spaces are 10’ x 10’. You are expected to contain your booth within that area! If you need more space, plan accordingly and purchase those when applying to the festival.
The Blue Plum Festival Committee will assign specific spaces to each accepted vendor. The space will be sold for festival days only. The Blue Plum Festival Committee will allow special requests, but cannot guarantee they will be accommodated.
Exhibitors shall not sublet, assign, donate or trade its assigned space.
If you are confirmed for electrical access, you must provide your own electrical cords. Cords over 50’ will not be necessary. Generators are NOT permitted.
Vendors must provide all materials and manpower needed for booths (tents, tables, electrical cords, etc.).
The area around booth spaces must be kept free of litter.
Food vendors must provide a copy of liability insurance with Blue Plum Festival listed as “additional insured” to the vendor committee.
No vehicles are allowed in the festival footprint once festival begins on Friday, so please plan accordingly to move supplies from trucks/storage to your booth space!
All food vendors will have a Fire Safety Inspection prior to festival:
- Tents associated with cooking operations must meet on the flame retardant treatments: CERTIFIED California State Fire Marshal Seal of Approval, NFPA 701 or CPAI 84 labeled tent. These listings shall be located on tags sewn into the tent corners by the tent manufacturer. Verification of the flame retardant treatment must be provided to Blue Plum Organization by May 14, 2022. A standard E-Z up type tent does not meet this standard. If your tent is not approved by the Fire Marshal, you may have to remove it in order to sell at the festival!
- Tents associated with cooking operations must be anchored on all 4 corners as per 2018 IFC 3103.9.1 (Anchoring on asphalt/concrete or city owned green spaces with irrigation lines shall require anchoring with no less than 40 pounds of weight per corner as recommended by tent manufacturers)
- No cooking operations that produce open flames and/or grease laden vapors shall be allowed under tents. Tents associated with cooking operations equipment that produce open flames and or grease laden vapors shall be separated from the cooking vendor tent by a minimum of 10 feet only if the tents meet the CERTIFIED California State Fire Marshal Seal of Approval, NFPA 701 or CPAI 84 flame propagation tag requirements. 2018 IFC 3107.4 All other tents associated with cooking operations lacking proof of the required flame retardant treatment shall be separated by no less than 20 feet from cooking equipment that produce open flames and/or grease laden vapors. 2018 IFC 3107.12.6
- Class K Fire Extinguisher or 3A40BC if using a generator.
- Please see the attached City of Johnson City TN “Tent Requirements for Outdoor Assembly Events” for additional details.
All food vendors will have a Health Department Inspection. Please see attached “Temporary Food Establishment Guidelines” for complete information. All temporary food establishments must complete and submit this survey at least 14 days before the event:
You may also review a checklist on the required guideliens here.
2022 Blue Plum Festival Hours
Friday June 3rd, 4pm-11pm
Saturday June 4th, 11 am-11pm
Blue Plum Festival is an outdoor festival and will proceed rain or shine. Exhibitors are responsible for their own protection from the elements. All tents must be secured in case of wind. Staking into the ground is not permitted in Founders Park. No wooden structures are allowed.
All booths shall be ready for business one hour prior to festival hours and remain open until at least 5 pm both days. Be prepared to stay late as past years have shown very good traffic in the evening hours. Failure to adhere to operation hours without committee approval will result in an immediate warning and possible exclusion from future festivals.
For the safety of attendees, staff and private property, absolutely no exhibitor vehicles will be allowed in the festival footprint between 10 am on Friday June 3rd and 11:59 pm Saturday June 4th. Failure to abide by this policy may result in expulsion from this year’s festival.
There is no reserved vendor parking lot, and illegal parking can result in towing. A parking map will be provided with your confirmation packet.
All exhibitor activity must be conducted within the assigned space ONLY. Sidewalks must remain unobstructed at all times, per Johnson City Fire Code. Failure to comply will result in immediate warning and possible exclusion from Blue Plum Festival(s).
The exhibitor shall comply with all laws, ordinances, rules and regulations of any and all lawful authority, agency or governmental units which apply to the City of Johnson City. The exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Blue Plum Festival, the Blue Plum Organization, the City of Johnson City, their officers, directors, representatives, employees and agents for any penalties, fines costs, expenses or damages from participating exhibitor’s failure to comply with such laws.
All committee decisions are final.
The Blue Plum Festival, the Blue Plum Organization, and the City of Johnson City, their officers, directors, representatives, employees and agents are NOT responsible for losses of any kind, whether by fire, theft, physical violence, elements of nature, or any other cause however originating. Exhibitors are responsible for their own security.
For businesses without a license in the State of Tennessee, the City of Johnson City requires a temporary vendor’s license which is available only at City Hall. The cost of this permit is $50. Please contact City Hall for information regarding this permit at 423-434-6000. Do not use this number for festival information, only city vendor permits.
All vendors MUST adhere to the below tent policy. No exceptions will be made!
Click to View the Tent Requirements Checklist