Application Process Overview
This application is for CivicSpark and Climate Action Corps project partner proposals for the 2021-22 service year.
CivicSpark projects must focus on local government capacity building relating to climate change mitigation and adaptation, water management and policy, affordable housing, sustainable mobility, or other social equity issues. For more information on CivicSpark, click here.
Climate Action Corps projects must focus on local direct climate action in the areas of urban greening, wildfire resiliency and food waste recovery, and focus heavily on community and volunteer engagement and mobilization. For more information on Climate Action Corps, click here.
Your application will help LGC staff understand your project, identify alignment of your project with program priorities, and ensure your project is eligible for CivicSpark and/or Climate Action Corps support. Completion of the application form does not ensure you a placement, nor does it obligate you or your agency to participate in any way. The entire process is outlined below.
- Submit application.
- Participate in a proposal review call with LGC staff to ensure a good fit with CivicSpark and Climate Action Corps’ mission and structure.
- If approved, you must complete:
- Service Agreement / MOU: Your organization and LGC execute a Service Agreement (contract) or MOU (depending on which program you are participating in) outlining mutual roles, expectations, responsibilities, and terms of payment.
- Candidate Interviews: You (and your designated “Site Supervisor” if not you) review and interview pre-screened candidates and notify LGC of interest in candidates.
- Pre-Service Assessment: Service recipients involved in your project complete “Pre-Service Capacity Assessment” surveys.
- Orientation: Site Supervisor participates in an Orientation webinar.
- Site Preparation: Site staff prepare for the Fellow(s) arrival, including work space, computer, etc.
All fields marked with a red * are required.
You are able to save your progress and return later to complete your response. You will need to create an account to do this (see bottom of this page). If you have created a saved form previously for a different survey (e.g. for a different year or subject), you will need to create a new account here as each form requires a unique account.
The deadline to apply is 6/30/2021 by 11:59pm