Donor Guidelines and Recommendations
Thank you for supporting Cy-Fair Helping Hands by participating in the first annual Festival of Trees.
The following guidelines are intended to help your decorating team create a magical tree that will be elegantly or playfully displayed and auctioned. We don’t want to stifle your artistic flair so please contact us if you want to expand outside of these guidelines.
You can decorate your tree at home, at work, or wherever you choose, but we invite you to decorate your tree at our facility on Saturday, October 29, from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm, and Sunday, November 6, from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm. Please bring your supplies (scissors, hot glue gun, glue sticks, wire, wire cutters, chenille stems, power strip, extension cord, ladder or stepstool, etc.)
Please deliver your completed item(s) no later than Monday, November 7th to Cy-Fair Helping Hands 9606 Kirkton Dr. Houston, TX 77095 Monday through Thursday between 9:30 am and noon, Saturday, October 29 from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm or Sunday, November 6 from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm.
Your item(s) is a tax-deductible donation to CFHH’s Festival of Trees, and a form will be available upon request at the time of delivery. Your donation becomes the sole property of CFHH’s Festival of Trees, including trees, décor and trim, lights, items and props, and tree skirts.
- Use high-quality permanent materials.
- All ornaments and lights must be carefully secured by wiring or gluing them to the branches.
- Please provide the batteries if your tree, wreath, or centerpiece includes battery-powered lights.
- DO NOT use edible items, dried flowers or any other dried plant material, or sharp and possible harmful items (i.e., fish hooks)
- Recommended tree sizes are from 2 feet to 7.0 feet. Trees must be artificial.
- Designers of trees 4' and taller will receive recognition on social media and in the event program.
- All trees will have identifying signage beside them.
- Please decorate trees to be viewed from all sides.
- All trees must have operating lights. No blinking lights, please. We suggest mini incandescent or LED lights.
- Completed trees require a finished base. This may be a tree skirt, box, planter pot, etc. Please ensure that your base is VERY stable. If you choose to use a box, planter pots, etc. PLEASE DO NOT USE CEMENT as this is too hard to carry. Foam insulation works well. No “wobbly” bases.
- Wreaths should be a minimum of 22 inches
- Lights are not required on wreaths.
- Please ensure your wreath has a secure hanger and supports the weight of your decorations.
- Wreath designers will be included in the event program and on social media.
- Tent cards will be beside each wreath.
- Please ensure that your centerpiece has a sturdy base.
- Please keep the number of pieces to your centerpiece to a minimum. If it has more than one piece, please provide a container for transporting your arrangement.
- Lights are not required on centerpieces.
- Centerpiece designers will be included in the event program and on social media.
- Tent cards will be beside each centerpiece.
The donor form must be completed and submitted to CFHH no later than November 6, for the entry to be recognized in the event program and literature.