Dear NES Teachers,
New for the 2019-2020 school year, the PTO has funded an NES Teacher Grant Program to support curriculum and classroom enrichment. Each teacher is eligible for up to $100 in funds to be used during this school year to benefit their NES students. Teachers may decide to pool funds for a larger initiative or to purchase shared materials, e.g., a program to support an entire grade level. Unused funds will not rollover to next year.
We have not defined a discrete list of approved items for purchase, however the intention is for these funds to enrich learning and to support our teachers' efforts in their classrooms.
Example grants may include a kit or special supplies to supplement a science topic, pooled funds across a grade level to buy new math materials, or even yoga mats for brain breaks.
- Submit your request using this form, by completing the fields below
- Requests will be reviewed at PTO General meetings* so please submit at least five days prior (you do not need to attend the PTO meetings to present your request)
- Decisions will be communicated within two days after PTO meetings, with a link to the reimbursement form
- Purchase your programs/supplies/materials and submit your reimbursement information
- Reimbursement checks will be issued to you
*Scheduled general PTO meeting dates are as follows:
in 2019: September 10, October 15, November 12, December 17
in 2020: January 14, February 11, March 10, April 14 and May 12
Since this process is a new one, we anticipate that there will be questions. We welcome feedback and appreciate the opportunity to refine this program as we roll it out.
Please contact us as email@example.com with questions.