Sabbath Key Usage Guidelines
- Sabbath keys should only be used for the Sabbath and Jewish holidays. Use outside of these times will jeopardize your abilitiy to possess a Sabbath Key.
- The Sabbath key can be used in the exterior main entrance doors and most interior doors of your building.
- Giving your Sabbath key to someone who does not have authorization to use the key is a violation of university policy and could result in disciplinary action
- The key should only be used on the Sabbath and holidays. Use of the key during other times will cause the door alarm to sound, and will be disruptive to the community.
Sabbath Key Return Procedure
- You must plan to return the Sabbath key to the Management office during normal business hours (9am-5pm Monday through Friday) no later than the last day of your lease.
- If a Sabbath key is not returned to the Management office by July 31, 20XX or the end of your lease (whichever comes first) you will be assessed a replacement fee.
If you lose your Sabbath Key:
- If you lose your Sabbath key, it is your responsibility to immediately report the loss to the Management office.
- Loss of your key will result in a replacement fee being assessed to your resident account.
The cost varies per building:
Building 1: $515 Building 5: $272
Building 2: $262 Building 6: $272
Building 3: $334 Building 7: $393
Building 4: $255
Please contact the Management Office at (301) 314-2499 or sccResidentServices@cocm.com if you have any questions and/or concerns.
Submitting this form verifies that the resident understands the above Sabbath Key Guidelines. The signature below ackowledges receipt and respobsibility of the Sabbath Key.