Grace Lake Charles plant has implemented a site-specific contractor orientation training program which will be required for all contractors performing work at the Lake Charles site. Please visit our website if you're looking for general Lake Charles information.
A contractor is defined as any company or individual that is under contract or sub-contract that performs work or provides core services to or for Grace at the Lake Charles site (regardless of the particular employee’s function/title within that company or activity on our site). Examples of work core to the Grace location or key industrial services are activities such as new construction, demolition, repairs or installation to production equipment, repair work to Grace owned buildings and structures and other similar work or services.
Training sessions will be held daily (excluding weekends and holidays) at 8:00 am and will be conducted at the Grace site. Contractors should park at gate 5 (contractor parking) and walk over to check in at the front gate security building (gate 3). Training lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Please arrive 15 minutes early. Proper plant work attire is required to attend the training class. Those who are not dressed appropriately will be turned away. A comprehension test is given immediately following the training. A passing score of 80% on Section 1 and 100% on Section 2 (critical life safety) will be required in order to obtain a contractor orientation card. In the event that a contractor does not pass, he or she is required to retake the training course at another session. Contractors are required to pre-register for training sessions. Class size is limited to 15 in order to maintain social distancing.
Contractors can register by clicking the green Register button below. Be sure to include the preferred session date and the name(s) of each person attending. You can enter all the names of those attending for one particular date by separating their names by commas. Registrants will receive an e-mail confirmation.
On our site, all contractors are required to have the following to work on our site:
Valid safety council card
Valid Grace contractor orientation card
And be proficient in reading and writing English
Minimum PPE to be worn to enter facility (plant Operating area):
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Approved Safety Shoes
- Hearing Protection
- High Visibility Vest/Clothing
- General use work glove with minimum 360° degree cut resistance rating of ANSI A2 (EN 388 rating B)
- Effective 4/30/21, these gloves are required to be worn at all times unless (1) there is a task specific glove as determined by a hazard assessment or (2) to perform a specific task(s) that requires manual dexterity, but shall be donned immediately after completing the specific task.
- Face Mask (must have on your person and worn if 6 ft social distance cannot be maintained)
- Effective 12/2/20 until further notice: Only a KN95 mask will be the acceptable face mask allowed onsite.
- Chemical Goggles (must have on your person)
- Additional PPE for work at heights (above 4'): harness and lanyard, trauma straps
Any contractor not possessing these items can only be allowed onsite with a waiver approved by site management. This must be obtained in advance.
Should a contractor lose their Grace contractor orientation card or change contract companies, they must obtain a replacement card from the contractor security gate guard. Special training sessions may be provided as approved by management on an as-needed basis. Should you have any questions, please contact your Grace purchasing agent or Grace contact.