The purpose of the Youth Leadership Commission is to engage the future leaders of Walnut Creek by encouraging youth to take an active leadership role in the community.
Commissioners will interact with and learn about Walnut Creek local government, complete a project of their choosing that benefits the community and provide a youth prospective on issues within the community to the City Council.
If you'd like to be an official member of the Youth Leadership Commission you must:
- Live in the City of Walnut Creek or in the unincorporated area
- Be in High School (incoming 9th to 12th graders)
- Submit an application
- Participate in an interview City staff
- Attend Commission meetings 2x per month beginning in September
- Serve at least one-year
- Have an interest in improving the community of Walnut Creek
- Have an interest in how local government operates
To apply, please fill out the form below and submit. You will be contacted by email to schedule an interview.