Wednesday, October 2 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Harrisburg University |326 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA
This the inaugural BSides Harrisburg event.
Overall, the BSides organization seeks to create awareness and improve upon the conversation and research of security topics within this region for researchers, professionals, and practitioners alike. The conference aims to give these various groups a chance to meet, engage in conversation through scheduled talks and events, as well as offer a networking opportunity that will result in new collaborative efforts for research and other security projects.
Track 1: Red Teaming or Offensive Security
- Offensive security (talks on penetration testing and ethical hacking)
- Pen testing techniques (Pass the Hash, privilege escalation, lateral movement, avoid AV detection, etc.)
- Open source Pen testing (Metasploit framework, Bloodhound, CrackMapExec, PowerShell, Custom Tools, Empire, Kali Linux, etc.)
Track 2: Blue Teaming or Defensive Security (SIEM/SOC, etc.)
- Elk cybersecurity stack
- Any open source SIEM solutions
- Pen testing for blue teams
- Tuning software
- Detecting various attacks/threats
Track 3: Software Development
- Python for Cyber Security
- Powershell for Cyber Security
- Building Pen Testing tools
- Building defensive tools
- Cyber Security Scripting
- Web Application Attacks
- Web Application Cyber Security
Within the tracks, there will be 45-minute interactive sessions and 90-minute hands-on workshops.
To submit a proposal, please fill out the information below by Friday, August 9. (The deadline has been extedned by one week.)
Proposal acceptances will be emailed by mid-August from ProfessionalEd@HarrisburgU.edu.