1. I possess a valid Oregon driver’s license and valid liability insurance coverage as required by state law.
2. I understand that I must be 21 years or older to operate my own vehicle and 25 years or older to operate any church vehicles (a CDL is required to operate vehicles with 16 or more passengers.)
3. I understand that in case of any type of accident, injury or vehicle damage, the church’s liability insurance policy does not provide primary or direct insurance on my vehicle. The Church’s insurance shall take effect only after my personal auto, or other insurance that may apply, limits are exhausted.
4. I will advise Horizon Community Church of any change in the information provided on this form including, but not limited to, involvement in a car accident in which I am cited, any citations for moving violations, non-renewal of license, change of insurance company, change in amount of insurance coverage, termination of insurance, or change in vehicle.
5. Students riding in my vehicle(s) will be seated in an appropriate front or back seat, never outside of the cab of the vehicle, and will be secured with individual seatbelts in good operating condition (no double belting or cross-belting of passengers is permitted). When required by state or federal law I will have child restraint devices for each child up to 8 years of age or 4’9’’ tall.
6. I will carefully transport children and adults, students and school personnel, under my care, including obeying all traffic laws. To my knowledge my vehicle is in safe operating condition.
7. I will notify Horizon Community Church personnel if I no longer wish to drive or if I wish to be removed from the approved volunteer driver list.