Direct Care Qualification Standards
Please review this list of qualifications. This form is to be used by individuals, corporations, partnerships, or governmental units to screen individuals for licensed services (9555.6125). This is not a complete listing of all qualification standards but rather a listing of those most critical. If an offer of employment is made to you, these qualification standards will be checked through the State Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, local District Court records, Department of Criminal Apprehension, local District Court records, Department of Human Services, County Social Services Agencies and Local Police Departments. Any of these standards, as well as other employment requirements, may be a disqualification for that employment offer. Please see complete list of disqualifications prior to submission https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=245C.15.
1. Willingness to disclose your arrest, conviction and criminal history.
2. Felony convictions under MN Statutes, Chapter 152 (prohibited drugs)
3. Conviction of, or awaiting trial for or admission of any of the following crimes:
- Murder, manslaughter, aiding a person in a suicide or attempted suicide, criminal vehicular homicide or injury
- Assault, great bodily harm caused by distribution of drugs, mistreatment of persons confined mistreatment of residents or patients, use of drugs to injure or facilitate crime, robbery, kidnapping, false imprisonment, abduction (M.S. sections 609.221 to 609.265)
- Murder of an unborn child (not abortion), manslaughter of an unborn child, injury or death of an unborn child in the commission of a crime (M.S. sections 609.2661 to 609.268)
- Solicitation, inducement and promotion of prostitution or any related offenses, disorderly house, criminal sexual conduct (M.S.sections 609.322 to 609.3451)
- Solicitation of children to engage in sexual conduct, incest, malicious punishment of a child, or neglect or endangerment of a child (M.S. sections 609.352, 609.365, 609.377, and 609.378)
- Use of minors in sexual performance, possession of pictorial representation of minors (M.S. sections 617.246 to 617.247)
- Theft, possession of shoplifting gear (M.S. sections 609.52 and 609.521)
- Arson, burglary (M.S. sections 609.5612 to 609.563 and 609.582)
- Forgery or aggravate forgery (M.S. sections 609.625 or 609.63)
- Terroristic threats; interference with privacy; obscene or harassing phone calls; letter, telegram, or package opening, harassment (M.S. sections 609.713, 609.746, 609.79, 609.795)
- Indecent exposure; obscene materials and performances; indecent literature, distribution; harmful material display and
- dissemination to minors? (M.S. sections 617.23, 617.241, 617.243, 617.293)
- Attempts or conspiracy? (M.S. sections 609.17 to 609.175)
4. Subject of an investigation for or admission to abusing or neglecting an adult or child (M.S. section 260.221, paragraph b).
5. Do you have a mental illness or mental condition as diagnosed by a psychiatrist or licensed psychologist that has documented behaviors that would jeopardize the health, rights, or safety of residents? (9555.6125, Subp. 3, Sect. B)
6. Abuse prescription drugs or use controlled substances (M.S. Chapter 152) or alcohol to the extent that it would interfere with the health, safety, and rights of adults and children served