I consent to and authorize FLAWLESS MEDSPA and members of his/her staff to perform multiple treatments, laser procedures and related services on me. The procedure planned uses laser technology for the removal of tattoos.
As a patient you have the right to be informed about your treatment so that you may make the decision whether to proceed for laser tattoo removal or decline after knowing the risks involved. This disclosure is to help to inform you prior to your consent for treatment about the risks, side effects and possible complications related to laser tattoo removal:
The following problems may occur with the tattoo removal system:
- The possible risks of the procedure include but are not limited to pain, purpura, swelling, redness, bruising, blistering, crusting/scab formation, ingrown hairs, infection, and unforeseen complications which can last up to many months, years or permanently.
- There is a risk of scarring.
- Short term effects may include reddening, mild burning, temporary bruising or blistering. A brownish/red darkening of the skin (known as hyperpigmention) or lightening of the skin (known as hypopigmentation) may occur. This usually resolves in weeks, but it can take up to 3-6 months to heal. Permanent color change is a rare risk. Loss of freckles or pigmented lesions can occur.
- Textual and/or color changes in the skin can occur and can be permanent. Many of the cosmetic tattoos and body tattoos are made with iron oxide pigments. Iron oxide can turn red-brown or black. Titanium oxide and other pigments may also turn black. This black or dark color may be un-removable. Because of the immediate whitening of the exposed treated area by the laser, there can be a temporary obscuring of ink, which can make it difficult or impossible to notice a specific color change from the tattoo removal process.
- Infection: Although infection following treatment is unusual, bacterial, fungal and viral infections can occur. Herpes simplex virus infections around the mouth can occur following a treatment. This applies to both individuals with a past history of herpes simplex virus infections and individuals with no known history of herpes simplex virus infections in the mouth area. Should any type of skin infection occur, additional treatments or medical antibiotics may be necessary.
- Bleeding: Pinpoint bleeding is rare but can occur following treatment procedures. Should bleeding occur, additional treatment may be necessary.
- Allergic Reactions: There have been reports of hypersensitivity to the various tattoo pigments during the tattoo removal process especially if the tattoo pigment contained Mercury, cobalt or chromium. Upon dissemination, the pigments can induce a severe allergic reaction that can occur with each successive treatment. Noted in some patients are superficial erosions, bruising, blistering, milia, redness and swelling which can last up to many months, years or permanently.
- Compliance with the aftercare guidelines is crucial for healing, prevention of scarring, and hyper-pigmentation. Aftercare guidelines include avoiding the sun for 2 months after the procedure. If it is necessary to be in the sun, a sunscreen with SPF 25 or greater must be used.
- I understand that multiple treatments will be necessary to achieve desired results. No guarantee, warranty or assurance has been made to me as to the results that may be obtained. Complete tattoo removal is not always possible as tattoos were meant to be permanent.
Occasionally, unforeseen mechanical problems may occur and your appointment will need to be rescheduled. We will make every effort to notify you prior to your arrival to the office. Please be understanding if we cause you any inconvenience.
I understand that Flawless Medspa has a 24-hour cancellation policy. Should you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please give us 24-hour notice so we can make the time available to other clients. Failure to show up for a scheduled appointment will result in forfeiture of prepaid services booked. No refunds are made for products, service packages and prepaid treatments once they are purchased.
My questions regarding the procedure have been answered satisfactorily. I understand the procedure and accept the risks. I hereby release FLAWLESS MEDSPA and all associates from all liabilities associated with the above indicated procedure. *