The Economic Development team at WEDI works step by step with individuals who want to have their unique business in the West Side Bazaar.
Requirements to participate in our incubator program
West Side Bazaar offers subsidized booth rental to start up businesses, below are some of the requirements to participate.
- Willing to share financial and business information and statistics with WEDI staff
- Willing to implement changes and take advice in order to improve their business or product
- Open to finding new ways of doing business, including potential partnerships and/or collaborations with other tenants
- Receptive to WEDI/West Side Bazaar technical assistance and training
- Flexible sharing equipment, ability to work closely with others
- Able to comply with West Side Bazaar food safety and sanitation policies as well as New York States
- Responsible for following the rules and regulations of West Side Bazaar
How does WEDI support emerging businesses who want to start a small business in the West Side Bazaar?
- One-on-one coaching and business plan development
- Access to capital & markets
- Workshops, training, and educational resources
- Shared Commercial Kitchen
- Subsidized rent for start ups (below market rate)
- Marketing & branding
- Business advisors & professionals on staff/WEDI board